HTML 5 is the latest version of the HyperText Mark-Up Language. HTML is the language of choice for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web. In this free online course you will learn about the latest features of HTML 5 including Geolocation, video, Web worker, canvas/SVG, app cache and database. This course will be of great interest to professionals in the areas of Web design and development and to learners who want to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of HTML 5.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
After studying this course you will have a greater understanding of the following: – New features of HTML 5 and their uses – Geolocation for identifying geo-position of users – The < video > tag – Canvas and SVG for drawing on the Web – Use of app cache and database – Use of Web workers
- Lecture 1.1 HTML5 Intro Locked
- Lecture 1.2 HTML5 Support Locked
- Lecture 1.3 HTML5 Elements Locked
- Lecture 1.4 HTML5 Semantics Locked
- Lecture 1.5 HTML5 Migration Locked
- Lecture 1.6 HTML5 Style Guide Locked
- Lecture 2.1 HTML Media Locked
- Lecture 2.2 HTML Video Locked
- Lecture 2.3 HTML Audio Locked
- Lecture 2.4 HTML Plug-ins Locked
- Lecture 2.5 HTML Youtube Locked